WE ARE HIRING
PLOUGHGATE CREAMERY AT BRAGG HILL FARM IN FAYSTON IS SEEKING THE NEXT PERSON TO JOIN OUR SMALL, HARD-WORKING TEAM OF BUTTERMAKERS.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone to dive into the world of local food production. Ploughgate supplies specialty food stores, cooperatives, and restaurants across the country with hand-made cultured butter
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN INDIVIDUAL FOR 30 + HOURS PER WEEK TO ASSIST IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE BUTTERMAKING PROCESS FROM START TO FINISH.
The position requires being on your feet and heavy lifting, and all tasks will be preformed while adhering to strict sanitation guidelines. Work days are Monday-Thursday, but hours/shifts could be flexible for the right person. Ploughgate Creamery offers highly competitive wages.
WORK INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
• Portioning and packaging of butter
• Cleaning and operation of creamery equipment
• Occasional local delivery of butter to accounts
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL:
• Be able to spend the entire shift on your feet
• Be able to frequently lift up to 45 pounds, and occasionally
lift up to 80 pounds
• Have outstanding attention to detail
• Demonstrate impeccable cleanliness and hygiene
- cleanliness is the #1 priority in our facility
• Embrace a sometimes flexible work
schedule and seasonal assignments
• Be willing to help with occasional spring/fall
seasonal work around the farm